Knitting E-scape

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Socks That Rock!

The long awaited shipment arrived this week! I joined the Rockin'SockClub way back when enrollment first opened. In fact I have had my name on the "waiting list" practically all last year. Interesting that I never actually ordered any yarn from Blue Moon Fiber Arts before. I just took everybody's (in the blog world) word for it: that the socks really did rock and that the yarn was amazing. I agree with Pat that the first shipment "so isn't my colorway". I am thrilled, not disappointed. The yarn is gorgeous, perfectly spun and dyed. I am looking forward to starting the included sock pattern. Pat has started hers, and so has Wendy. Take a look at theirs!
I took a class, once upon a time, that was supposed to teach me toe-up socks using the crochet cast on. It didn't take. I did not get it. I don't understand short rows. I'm holding onto hope that I can actually knit these socks because the garter stitch makes the short row wrapping easier.
I did start socks (Six-Sock-Knitalong) that use the I-cord cast on. That was new to me, seems to work well, and my "Springtime in Paris" socks are on their way....but that's why, along with all the other projects underway, I'm holding off on starting the STR "Monsoon" socks.


My goal is to knit the pattern supplied with each STR shipment. It's another knit-along! I knit very slowly. I probably won't be able to keep up, but at least I'll have the 2007 collection in my stash!

4 Comments:

  • Did you tell me that you were in the socks that rock club? I don't remember. Anyway, have fun with it. Also, I really like that colorway, so you can always knit a pair for me (wink, wink).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:46 PM  

  • Did you start yet?? How's it going??
    The toe was new to me too, but turned out to be quite easy. I am up almost to the heel and I don't know what size needles to use from here on out.I used 2.25 for the toe and 2.0 for the foot - and they fit perfectly. I'm tempted to just continue with the 2.0?? or should I switch back to 2.25....decisions, decisions...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:21 PM  

  • I've been wanting to try that yarn FOREVER! It looks gorgeous, can't wait to see how it turns out!

    By Blogger yuvee, At 4:21 PM  

  • Hi,

    Another member of the STR-club. I agree about the color, I would like to have spring colors, but these are great anyway.
    I am on the second sock and on the heel. However, I knit way too loose, because my socks doesn't get that long.

    Hanna

    By Blogger Hanna, At 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home