Knitting E-scape

Monday, September 19, 2005

Back in the Land of the Living

It's been a long time. I have been so busy, I can't even begin to speak of everything. You will notice that I will try, though.
Sockapal-2-za!
Visit my sock pal Andrea's blog and see the socks I sent her! She said she liked them, and there is a picture of them on her feet! Thank you Andrea for actually wearing those wild and crazy socks! I am anxiously awaiting socks from My secret sock pal. I have no idea who the person is!!
Work
It has been Ugly at times. Draining. Lack of professionalism. Stuff I have to deal with very soon. Ugh. Saps the strength...
Hubby's work has been non-stop the past few weeks. Day and night. It's getting old, and I am worried about him.
Health
After a HUGE (sorry for shouting) struggle with insurance company (evil) I finally was able to get my new insulin pump. Hurrah! It is very cool and is allowing me to get better control. It has features I have been needing for years. See my new Cozmo pump here. Of course I got the purple one!
I have had Type 1 diabetes for 42 years now (since age 8). I have had an insulin pump of various sorts for 23 years. Not that anyone really needs to know that, but out of the closet I come. It is a struggle, daily. It sucks. But I am managing it. I try not to complain!
The Dog
She's wonderful. Will need another haircut soon. The eye doc said she's doing great! Meds 2-3 times per day. Snores like a banshee...(hmm. I'm not really sure what a banshee is. should google it. hope it's not something dark that I shouldn't talk about.)
Knitting
Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. What knitting??? Where are the pictures???
Um, soon. Camera battery dead. No good place to pose. I started socks for dad on 2 circular needles and I am heading down the foot on sock #1. The jury is out. I am not entirely sure what I think about the method. It's ok. I think I like it, will definately do the second sock on circs...addi turbos are the bestest. Not much other knitting news...
Saturday I helped out at the guild Sock Seminar. That was fun and it was neat to see some ladies learn socks for the first time! Oh, yes, I did make a baby sock...and today I found it in the bottom of my bag, off the needles! Aargh. It's a funky cute yarn and impossible to pick up stitches....

2 Comments:

  • Thanks again! I'm wearing them today, and have already gotten two compliments. :)

    There's a typo in my blog url... it's http://noricum.blogspot.com (You missed the "m" at the end of noricum.)

    Cheers!

    By Blogger noricum, At 7:29 AM  

  • Glad you're up and about in blogland!!!Take care of yourself.

    By Blogger cindy, At 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home