Knitting E-scape

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Here's to you, Mom...


Mom's Socks! (Click for bigger)
I am so hoping to finish them quickly before the summer goes away...These are pretty much my own design using the Fortissma Cotton Colori yarn I talked about several weeks ago...One sock is completely finished and I am almost done with the gusset decreases on the second sock. Fun and easy, but it's like knitting dental floss with toothpicks. Since it's for my dear mom, I am safe to say the tiny millions of stitches are all knitted with love and cheer. And watching "Alias" and "24" DVDs while I knitting helps. (BTW, I could never watch that much TV if I wasn't knitting. No way. I'm so not a TV person.) I think I mentioned it months ago, but we are watching these shows now, never having watched them before...we are on season 3 on both, so will be able to join in when the regular season #4 begins in the fall...anyone else hooked on these shows??

3 Comments:

  • i have never seen those shows, but i am hooked on Lost! that is a good one:) love the socks for your mom... the length for the cuff is shorter, thats how i do my socks too.. it is too hot down south to make high cuffed wool socks:)

    By Blogger Catherine Kerth, At 6:16 AM  

  • I love the socks for your mom! What a beautiful design!

    By Blogger Dani, At 6:54 AM  

  • I love 24! I've watched seasons 1-3 and I'm ready to start season 4. I hadn't watched it before this summer. I've been watching the DVDs all summer and I'm SO hooked!

    Hey your blog should be called "the sock knitter". You're going tohave very pampered feet come winter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home