Knitting E-scape

Monday, August 15, 2005

Sockapal-2-za! Finished!


Meet the Cousins...
Please click for a clearer picture!
Here they are: ta da!!
What do ya think? They will be warm and they are definitely whacky. If they don't fit, then my sock pal has unfittable feet (and I know that can't be true). But I do have a "Plan B" in the works, in case these are way too whacky for her. I've cast on for another sock in LL in a different colorway that should totally not pool (or at least be more subtle). If my sock pal *hates* these, she will have another choice...and I will wear these. because, after all, I just turned 50 and have decided that I can do what I want.
And I completed sock #1 for my mom. I am planning to post that tomorrow along with the plan B sock start. Ok. Are we good here?
At sit and knit last Friday night, the wonderful knitting teacher totally demystified the kitchener stitch for me. She taught me an easy way to graft toes, and it works wonderfully. The toes on these socks are "perfecto" and I am excited...got toes? send them my way!
On the down side, I have to go have a "stress echocardiogram" tomorrow. This is bugging me: I've done the stress EKG before and it was problematic and involved me being give nitroglycerine. I don't want to do this again, but ya know, it's part of the modern human experience, I guess. Gotta do what you gotta do. See you on the other side!

12 Comments:

  • Great socks! They are wacky, but totally cool wacky. (Best of luck with the EKG.)

    By Blogger alison, At 7:55 PM  

  • Very funny socks. They would definitely brighten up my day. Well done.

    By Blogger Carola, At 12:07 AM  

  • Good Luck and the socks are awesome ;)

    By Blogger Christine, At 3:26 AM  

  • Oooo, love them! Lorna's is one of my favorites because you never know what you're going to get! Good luck with the test.

    By Blogger Carrie, At 5:31 AM  

  • I think the socks are fabulous and I know I'd love to wear them! I hope the stress test goes without a hitch this time. Good luck.

    By Blogger Kat, At 6:00 AM  

  • Those socks are awesome. I hope your pal knows how to have some fun with socks! Good luck with your EKG.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:10 AM  

  • Great socks! I love the colorway.. your pal is going to be so happy!

    By Blogger Dani, At 6:54 AM  

  • Wow, cousins is right! They're fascinating - I especially love the stripey toes and heels.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:11 PM  

  • Looking good! And really, if you can't go a little crazy with your socks now and then, where can you go crazy? I'm sure your pal will love them. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:41 AM  

  • I think the socks look great. If we don't knit some wacky socks, then why knit socks at all??? :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:10 AM  

  • great socks! I'm still on sock one. (sigh) I do love the colorway on yours. The colorway is so different which makes them so unique.

    Hope things are going well with you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:23 PM  

  • Wow! They're gorgeous! If they're mine, I'm happy. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home