Knitting E-scape

Monday, August 22, 2005

What's this Stuff??


The Roving (click for clearer)
This is called roving. It is the softest, most luxurious substance I have ever touched. So what is it? Well, it's the stuff spinners live for. They use it to work their spinning magic and end up with yarn. I have no idea how this becomes yarn, except that it is spun. It's a cosmic mystery to me. If you want some roving or to learn more, you could visit The Woolen Rabbit which is where I came up with this substance. My secret pal was drooling all over her blog about stuff like this and it turned out that Kim (from the above location) has met my secret pal! How cool is that?? So she helped me pick out some roving that would be suitable for my sp. It has some angora in it, and since my sp is an accomplished spinner, Kim was sure that this roving would be a pleaser! I was thrilled and soooo hope that my sp loves this stuff!

2 Comments:

  • I'm always tempted to buy roving when I see it, but I have no interest in spinning. Looks like you've found the solution, though. Buy it for someone else!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:07 AM  

  • That is gorgeous roving! Did she like it? Did she get it yet?

    By Blogger Mitchypoo, At 11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home