Knitting E-scape

Monday, August 22, 2005

Tipping the (mental) Balance...


Friday Harbor
My sanity has to be questioned. I just started this sock last night. It took me 5 tries to get the cuff in some sort of shape that allowed me to go on with the sock. It involved sneaking out to the living room after DH was asleep to continue knitting. It has captivated me most of the day. I'm not sure if it is the Koigu KPPPM (never knitted with the stuff before) or the charted "lace" pattern or wondering if it would even fit or watching the colors unfold or ??? The combination of these factors is hypnotic or else I am nuts. I have stuff to do. Stuff that has nothing to do with knitting or creative projects. Like I said...
In case anyone else wants to get sucked into the sock black hole, join the Knitting on the Road knit along that I linked to yesterday. In case I am lost in space, let my mom know that I'll get back to her...

8 Comments:

  • you aren't crazy - that is an awesome sock and pattern. The Koigu is yummy! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:00 PM  

  • I've heard that a lot of people are having a tough time with the pattern. I hope to have time to join that KAL soon. Love the color of your socks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:43 PM  

  • I'm going to jump into that "pool of crazy" with you very soon - hee! I have been trying to finish a couple of projects before casting on for these socks. I've been reading in the group, and it appears to be quite a daunting knit. I am hoping when I actually have it on my needles in my hands - all those helpful hints will make more sense.

    Knitting anything with Koigu is divine - like a party for your hands. Good job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:30 AM  

  • Hypnotic, as in tranquilizing. To quote your card: "balance...remember the past...look to the future...enjoy the now"
    Knitting is "the now".
    Love, Ann

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:48 PM  

  • Love this sock!!! It's made with Koigu and I know I have some of that thanks to you.....

    By Blogger cindy, At 4:56 PM  

  • I need to knit myself a pair of those.

    One word of warning on the Glitz (that you commented on in my sock post) it seems a little scratchy at first - don't worry - that goes away with washing!

    Love the socks!

    By Blogger Cece, At 11:17 AM  

  • Wow! That's a very pretty pattern.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:56 PM  

  • It's been so long since I've knit socks. WAIT, it's been so long since I've knit!! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO ME! arg!

    Anyway, I LOVE these socks! Can't wait to see the finished product. :)

    Thanks for the package - I'll post more about it on my blog when I get home tonight. I finally got batteries for my camera. YAY!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home