Knitting E-scape

Friday, June 10, 2005

Where in the world have I been?

Long time, no write.
I went on a trip. To Portland, Oregon to celebrate my parent's 65th wedding anniversary on May 28th. It was a good time of reconnecting with family from far and wide: various California locations, Rhode Island, and Alaska. A good time was had by all! It was a tiring trip, and my return home involved the aircraft having to turn around and return to Seattle, 30 minutes after take-off. It was all about the APUs and generators not working and the pilots being unable to restart them. Power is a good thing when 30000+ feet in the air. The rest of the week back at work suffered from the tiring trip and the flight delays.
Knitting news is kinda dismal. I am still working on "the sock"; but at least the corner has been turned, and I am heading down the home stretch, aiming my needles towards the toe. I just want to wear it!
My sister in Portland is a knitting maniac. She has made 3+ pairs of socks to my 1.5. Plus lots of other neat stuff. I photographed her "stash closet". I am sure there are other, larger stashes out there in the knitting blog world. But hers is fairly large. Now, I am not jealous, I just think of her stash when I feel guilty buying more yarn! The guilt disappears at that point. Hopefully, over the weekend, I will get the time to update as much as I can and post a few pictures. In the meantime, work is draining me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home