Knitting E-scape

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I won the scarf!

I'm very excited because I won the famous Branching Out scarf from Susan She is the creator of the scarf and has kindly knit this scarf to benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Thanks! I will be sending Susan the "payment" but since I wanted to include a personal payment as well, it will go out tomorrow night....my LYS didn't open until noon today and waiting until they opened (to get the treasure I'm going to send her) would have made me late for work. Hee hee.
DH is home from Seattle, and he brought a huge collection of *gasp* knitting needles! Some are very odd and unusual...more later. DH is helping his DM clear out her home and the things she can no longer use or keep are going "elsewhere". Since I am interested in trying my hand at a shawl, the extra long circulars will come in handy!
My first sock is finished!! It fits! there are only a few boo-boos, but they don't show, and if nothing comes unraveled with wear and washing I will be quite satisfied. Of course, everyone knows that One Sock is not enough, since I (last time I checked) have two feet. I'm into things that match. Another week or so, and I should have new socks to show off!

1 Comments:

  • I, being the DDIL, love the sock. It's beautiful and the heel turned out great. I'm sure that it will keep someone's feet very happy! At some point I'm going to have to graduate to something besides simple knitting and pearling ('m sure I didn't spell that right)...I want to be cool like Barb!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home