Knitting E-scape

Friday, April 29, 2005

Slip, slip knit boo boo

Yesterday I cast on a new sock from Knit Socks. It's an easy, lacy pattern which includes lots of ssk stitches. I *thought* I knew how to perform that stitch, but was dreading doing them, since each round has 8 and ssk requires such a maneuvering process in order to knit the slipped stitches. I decided to double check the technique in my handy illustrated how-to book. Yikes. What I had been doing was wrong. No wonder the dread. I discovered that instead of inserting the left needle from the bottom (into the slipped stitches), you actually insert the left needle from the top. a bit easier. duh.
Today was a "down time" day. Felt miserable. Not even feeling much like knitting. Yesterday was very busy. We had doggie "issues" again, which necessitated a late afternoon trip to the vet. More medicine. Doggie is better today. I am recovering. Glad to have some time off work for the rest. Doggie therapy is going home for the weekend. I will have withdrawal. We are having custody issues.
Good Site:
I discovered a good site called Knitter's Review . Check this out, I thoroughly enjoyed the comments about Knit Picks yarns and am anxious to try them! (It will be awhile since I must save up and knit/reduce the stash, ya know??)

1 Comments:

  • I also have to wait to order from knit picks. I don't wanna! I can't wait to try their sock yarn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home