Knitting E-scape

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Sock thoughts


Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Rainbow!
I ordered some of this yesterday from Knitting Zone. Their Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock is $9 a hank, a decent price compared to the LYS. My idea was to use this for my
Sockapal-2-za sock pal. I'm still not sure, since my sock pal seems to prefer socks with some cotton content. So I may keep looking. I am sure that no matter what I decide, this yarn will be loved and eventually knitted into a yummy pair of socks!

Stay tuned: not much progress on anything this weekend. I always seem to need Saturdays to recoup after the work week, especially when the past few weeks have contained more than the average amount of stressful work-related "stuff". But back to the important life stuff:
I am ready to start the toe decreases on the 2nd Purple Splendor Sock. Goal is to wear them this week! Will it happen? Like I said, stay tuned!

I am "working" (which means anything from 'thinking about', 'planning', 'cleaning off the work space' to actually 'cutting and sewing') on the current quilt backing. My goal is to take all the parts and pieces: the finished top, the finished backing, the finished binding, and the batting to the machine quilter by next weekend. Pictures of the quilt will only be posted after the recipients have it on their bed! But it will be soooo gorgeous, I can hardly wait!

1 Comments:

  • I LOVE that yarn! Been dying to get it in that colourway, great choice! Check them out here www.discountyarnsale.com

    SP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home