Knitting E-scape

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Famous Secret Pal Questionnaire

SP5 Questionnaire: Here Goes!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?
I don't consider myself a yarn snob. I love natural fibers and yarns that are soft.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
No to spinning; I have crocheted some in the distant past. I have a small crochet project I need to do.

3. Do you have any allergies?
Thankfully, no.

4. How long have you been knitting?
since August 2004.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, but I might start one

6. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender, freesia

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Honestly, yes. Should I? no--health reasons.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I'm a quilter.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
Country, Christian, classical. I think so. I want an I-pod, so I better figure out what a MP3 is.

10. What's your favorite color? family/season/palette preferred? Can't
stand?
Purple. then blues, then teals--basically winter. Well, I recently bought a *lovely* orange cotton to make a dishcloth as a desensitizing project.

11. What is your family situation? Pets?
Husband, two grown sons (both married to wonderful women) and a "shared" dog.
(Belongs to my daughter-in-law and may soon be officially adopted temporarily by us)

12. What are your life dreams?
1)to raise Godly children 2) to become a nurse. So far I'm on a roll.
Next: to live in a finished house and travel.
I work part-time. I am an RN diabetes educator.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
That's hard to say, there are so many I want to try. Sock yarn, I think.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
All yarn has the potential to be loved.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks. But I have shawls planned.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks

17. What are you knitting right now?
Socks. Dishcloths. A lace scarf. Sweaters started, but nowhere near complete.
Charity teddy bear sweaters.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I took the no-poncho pledge.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
It all depends on the project.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo and woods.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
Does a bear crap in the woods?

22. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me when I was little. I had trouble knitting too tight. Still do. I was lured back into knitting by fun novelty yarns; I got mostly over that.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitting? August 2004. Quilting? don't ask

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Huh? I prefer dogs over cats.

25. What is your favorite holiday?
A day off work. Preferrably on a white sands beach.

26. Is there anything that you collect?
I should collect stuff like I need a hole in my head. Oh, well, I guess I'd have to say yarn.

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None. I like the excuse to go to Barnes and Noble to hunt them down.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Beyond Wool by ? I'll check to see if that't the title.

How's that?

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for the questionnaire, I'll sure be checking it out often. Now I really need to do some shopping for you ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home