Knitting E-scape

Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Mittens go Outside


The Felted Mittens
Oh yeah. I finshed the palms and they are going to be shipped out to the son in Juneau. Yes, it's summer. I know it, but it is Alaska and camping trips can easily require such garb. I used Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride worsted in Pine Shadows and Dark Charcoal (two strands held together). Yes, they are huge. DH said you could crawl inside them and they could double for sleeping bags. Well, the hands that these are for are quite large, larger than mine or my DH's. The recipient has tried them on.
I need to use a smaller needle for the ribbing next time. The pattern is Fiber Trends. The palms are from a local leather supplier: black suede which I bought by the pound. I have oodles for more mittens.

2 Comments:

  • Ooohh.. I love your felted mittens! So fun, I want to make a pair this winter. I can't remember right now who designed that pattern. I just bought the pattern seperately from a binder in my LYS. I am using Alpaca Cloud from Knit Picks for it (which is super cheap and pretty), thought the sunshine color is more of a beige color....

    Glad you liked my sock dye job! I think its a mess and everyone is just be nice, but that is just me being super critical of myself. I kind of wish I left it how it was originally. I have a friend that emailed me first about it, but if she doesn't want it (she is coming over today) it is going to Jo!

    By Blogger Dani, At 5:20 AM  

  • Wow, they look great!! Can't wait to see them in person all finished up.

    It's also been really fun exploring your website and seeing all the pictures. It looks great! Makes me want to start my own.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home