Knitting E-scape

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

All about Socks!


The start of a new pair...

My faith is weak. This is 2x2 rib on size 1. Started on size 1.5, switched after 5 rounds. My swatch gave me 9 st/inch. So I cast on "according to the book". I consider this practice: my sockapal-2-za pal prefers a looser fit at the calf, so I'm trying a less binding type rib. But they look like they will be way to large. It's cotton, like I posted previously. Will it shrink??
These are for me; will they be "slouch" socks? I already ripped them out once yesterday. I hate to rip socks...so I am wavering, not believing that they will be fine, but not wanting to rip. If they are 4 inches long, the frogging will be more painful. What's a girl to do??
Since it's looking like I will be late to work if I keep this up, I have no choice but to let them stew for a day or so...To be continued.

1 Comments:

  • Hi there,
    I'm so sorry that I haven't posted a comment on your blog in awhile! I promise that I didn't forget about you. It's been a bad couple of weeks.
    Your blog looks great by the way. Purple splendor sock, socks number two, sock yarn galore, teddy bear sweater, oh everything is fantastic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home