Knitting E-scape

Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend Reading

I spent some time this past weekend reading the book pictured above. (Trouble today getting blogspot to post properly...) I debated about whether to post about this, but I decided that there might be others out there who are "going through" the same thing. This book is an excellent resource for all things realated to the _____. (I am using caution with certain words, as I don't want my blog to be found through deviant google searches. I'm a nurse; I'm not hesitant to use proper terminology, it's just that this is a Knitting Blog!)
Something suspicious was found on my imaging studies last week, and tomorrow I will have the core biopsies done. The hard part will be waiting for 3-5 days until pathology reports become available. Positive thoughts are in order. Prayers are welcome.
I just wanted to recommend this book. It has now been through 3 editions and is the "_____ Bible". The problem I have is that I am a nurse, and up until a year ago I was an oncology nurse and I also worked with a ______ Cancer Support Group. I know enough to scare myself!
Since I started this, I will end it also. I promise to keep the (very) few of you who read this blog posted, for those who are interested.

3 Comments:

  • Positive thoughts are on their way. And remember, as an oncology nurse, you only saw a small percentage of the people who had abnormal results -- the greater percentage you never saw because they turned out to be nothing at all, right? That's what I always hear. Good luck to you. TGFK, right? (That would be thank god for knitting...)

    By Blogger Andrea, At 3:24 PM  

  • Sending prayers and positive thoughts. I had this done a few years ago, and the waiting is brutal. Mine came out fine.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:27 PM  

  • I wish that I had be able to read this post before I left for the weekend. I would have been sending you good thoughts everyday. I so hope that everything went alright. Keep thinking positive and it well help you through the "waiting period".
    Sending major HUGS your way! Love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home