Knitting E-scape

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Biopsy over, the wait begins

Thanks for the good wishes. I had the biopsy this afternoon and even though I felt pretty anxious, it was a very *easy* procedure. It was done using ultrasound guidance and core samples were taken of the mass. The lidocaine was effective, so there was minimal discomfort. The radiologist doing the procedure was one I had worked with, so it was nice to chat and he told lots of jokes. Hmmm. I wonder if a woman doing a biopsy of male parts would have the joviality to tell jokes? Anyway, I, myself, prefer the "light notes". Now the waiting. To all the millions of women out there who have gone through this or will go through this, kudos to you.
I get to take a "mental health day" off work tomorrow, so I will be knitting, and promise to post some pictures...
I am still exclusively knitting for sockapal-2-za, and maybe feel the need to work on something else for diversion. Thanks for listening!

5 Comments:

  • Once again, good luck to you. I am sending healthy vibes your way.

    By Blogger Andrea, At 9:33 PM  

  • Welcome to the RAOK ring! And of course, healthy, positive energies your way! Waiting is the hardest, but you have knitting and bloggers to keep you occupied =)

    Take good care of yourself!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:04 AM  

  • Welcome to RAOK! I'm thinking healthy thoughts your way.
    My family spent 9 yr up in Dillingham. Are you nearby? Look forward to reading your blog.

    By Blogger Deb, At 9:28 AM  

  • I'm glad that part is over. I didn't find it too uncomfortable either. You are in my thoughts and prayers as you wait for results.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:59 PM  

  • I so glad that everything went well and with minimal discomfort. I'm so pleased that you had a great staff working with you that day. I think that's so important. I've had many experiences with people who just shouldn't be in the medical field. Again I'm so happy that you had a positiv experience. (as positive as it could be, anyhow.)

    More huge HUGS sent your way. Oh and I saw that you just signed up for the RAOK ring. Sounds like it was truly perfect timing. Welcome to the group! LOVE YOU!

    Oh and I found a great friend in Bliss. I saw that she left you some comments the past couple of days. She's extrememly inspiring and a great friend to all. Stop by her blog when you have the chance.

    I'm praying for you...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home