Knitting E-scape

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Weekend Knits



I'm not really sure about dishcloths. I do love to use. the. handknits. but I also hesitate. I usually feel that they should be gifts, not kept for my own use. That's why many of mine are "practice dishcloths". If I try a new pattern and make a lot of mistakes, I often just continue on with the learning process and then knit the pattern again. This weekend, I finally finished the mid-monthly dishcloth for this group.I had problems with the pattern; I just wasn't getting the p2tog-b. I had to check out some instructional websites and then try and try it again.

Above is my first try. I didn't like the border too much, so I changed it for the second try, below:


I did 5 rows of seed stitch then 4 rows of stockinette; I also increased the seed stitch side borders from 3 to 5 stitches. Much nicer. Color is Ecru, yarn is Sugar and Cream cotton.

Next, I was itching to make another "ballband" dishcloth. (Mason-Dixon Knitting). Then I got started on a new slip stitch dishcloth pattern from Creative Knitting. I'm not taking progress photos of dishcloths.

Next topic (tomorrow?): Sockapalooza! (Yeah!, I heard from my sock pal!)
My socks have been started; they aren't for the faint of heart, no matter what Alison says.

5 Comments:

  • You know, the cables stand out more in your second washcloth. Looks great!

    By Blogger Katie Jo, At 10:41 PM  

  • Her name was Linda. Blog name was different and complex, so I don't remember it.

    By Blogger Katie Jo, At 10:31 PM  

  • I haven't made a monthly dishcloth in about 6 months and I just decided to do the current one when it came in my email yesterday...already had yellow yarn - is it a flower? sunshine?
    I like your lace cloth...I should have done that one.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:18 PM  

  • What a lovely cloth!
    I just read some of yor posts,never mind I feel like that sometimes too,especially when I announced my Big Annual Day and not a comment until I had visited a couple of new blogs and made comments on them,am I being vain? Well i didnt get a cake from the Family this time and I had to work while they lazed around at home... Now I am whinging,LOL, I do visit you often though so I havent forgotten!
    Your past swap partner!

    By Blogger My Five Sons, At 12:56 AM  

  • That is very beautiful!!!

    By Blogger Awesome Mom, At 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home